The newly founded "Helmholtz-Institute Erlangen-Nürnberg for Renewable Energies" (HI ERN) is part of Forschungszentrum Jülich (FZJ) and works in close collaboration with the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) and the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB). The research in HI ERN is focused on the areas of innovative materials and processes for hydrogen technologies, photovoltaic energy and solar fuels, therefore covering novel approaches for the conversion and storage of CO2-neutral energy.
The successful candidate will belong to the department "Material Hydrogen Storage" of the HI ERN, which is headed by Prof. Dr. Peter Wasserscheid.
We are offering a
We are offering a
PhD Position in Chemical Process Development
- Development of catalysts for the production of formaldehyde from formic acid by known methods
- Execution of experiments for the determination of important reaction parameters
- Adaptation of the production strategy to the overall concept for OME production in coordination with scientists
- Development of an apparatus concept for the reaction of by known methods
- Presentation of the results at scientific conferences
- Supervision of Bachelor's and Master's students
- Excellent academic degree in the fields of chemistry / molecular science / chemical engineering or a comparable discipline
- Knowledge in the field of organic synthesis and analytics
- Knowledge in the field of chemical process engineering
- Great motivation to complete the doctorate within 3 years
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to show initiative and the ability to work independently
- Strong cooperation and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Excellent scientific and technical infrastructure for high-quality research
- International, interdisciplinary working environment on an attractive campus (FAU Uferstadt Fürth) including many opportunities for cooperation with partners from the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, the Forschungszentrum Jülich, the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin and from abroad
- Cooperation with leading industry partners worldwide
- Extensive range of further training courses
- A wide range of options for reconciling work and family life
- A position initially limited to 3 years
- A part-time job with 29.25 hours a week
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD)
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.