Dr. Retha Peach
Electrocatalytic Interface Engineering
AdresseForschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Helmholtz Institute Erlangen-Nürnberg for Renewable Energy
The synthesis and development of suitable polymer and membrane materials for application in fuel cells and electrolyzers for intermediate and high operating temperatures. This includes optimization of MEA fabrication parameters for improved performance at the ionomer and catalyst interface.
- 2015-2019: Ph.D. Chemistry, North-West University, RSA: Development of novel PBI-blended membranes for SO2 electrolysis.
- 2016-2017: DAAD funded research stay: Institute of Chemical Process Engineering (ICVT), University of Stuttgart, Germany.
- 2013-2014: M.Sc. Chemistry, North-West University, RSA: Characterization of proton exchange membranes in an H2SO4 environment.
- 2012: B.Sc. Hons. Chemistry, North-West University, RSA.
- 2011: B.Sc. Chemistry-Biochemistry, North-West University, RSA.