New Collaborative Research Centre with HI ERN participation
"CLINT" is going to research technical catalysts and will be funded with 12.5 million euros over the next four years.
The German Research Foundation will establish a new Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1452 “CLINT – Catalysis at Liquid Interfaces” at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg. The spokesperson is Prof. Dr. Peter Wasserscheid, Director of the Helmholtz Institute Erlangen-Nürnberg (HI ERN) and Head of the Institute of Chemical Reaction Engineering at FAU.
HI ERN is involved in this project with five principal investigators:
- Prof. Peter Wasserscheid (Chemical Hydrogen Storage)
- Prof. Karl Mayrhofer (Electrocatalysis)
- Prof. Jens Harting (Dynamics of Complex Fluids and Interfaces)
- Prof. Marcus Bär (X-ray spectroscopy at interfaces of thin films, HZB)
- Dr. Olga Kasian (Material Transformations in Electrocatalysis, YIG)
The new Collaborative Research Centre pursues a fundamentally new approach in chemical reaction engineering: It wants to use the highly dynamic, anisotropic environment of gaseous-liquid or liquid-solid interfaces to produce technical catalysts with novel properties and a previously unattained productivity, stability and manageability. The new CRC will be funded with 12.5 million euros for the next four years.