Dr. Retha Peach
Head of Team
Electrocatalytic Interface Engineering
AdresseForschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Helmholtz Institute Erlangen-Nürnberg for Renewable Energy (IEK-11)
The development of high performance membrane electrode assemblies for water electrolysis. This includes investigating different membrane and electrode materials and manufacturing processes. Gaining a better understanding of the interfacial properties required for optimum electrolysis performance
• 05/2020- : Team Leader ,Technologies for Water Electrolysis‘ in the HI-ERN Research Department ‚Electrocatalytic Interface Engineering‘ headed by Prof. Dr. Simon Thiele.
• 08/2019: Postdoctoral researcher, HI-ERN Research Department ‚Electrocatalytic Interface Engineering‘ (Erlangen, Germany).
• 2015-2019: Ph.D. Chemistry, North-West University (Potchefstroom, South-Africa): Development of novel PBI-blended membranes for SO2 electrolysis.
• 2016-2017: DAAD funded research stay: Institute of Chemical Process Engineering (ICVT), University of Stuttgart, Germany.
• 2013-2014: M.Sc. Chemistry, North-West University (Potchefstroom, South-Africa): Characterization of proton exchange membranes in an H2SO4 environment.
• 2009-2012: B.Sc. Chemistry, North-West University (Potchefstroom, South-Africa).
• 2016 - DAAD Research Grant awarded for Doctoral Candidates.